The NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250 graphic card delivers world-class HD graphics performance plus GPU-accelerated NVIDIA® PhysX™ gaming effects, lightning fast video and image processing, and full NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ support allowing you to game in true stereoscopic 3D.
GPU-Accelerated Video Transcoding, Image Editing and HD Video Playback. Accelerate video transcoding of digital movies to your iPod, PSP, or Zune up to 10x faster than a CPU.* Experience super fast, silky smooth image processing with full GPU acceleration support for Adobe® Photoshop® CS4.
The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
Dual-stream Hardware Acceleration
Supports picture-in-picture content for the ultimate interactive Blu-ray and HD DVD movie experience.
Dynamic Contrast Enhancement & Color Stretch
Provides post-processing and optimization of High Definition movies on a scene-by- scene basis for spectacular picture clarity.
3-way NVIDIA SLI® Technology2
Industry leading 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology offers amazing performance scaling by implementing AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) under Windows Vista with solid, state-of-the-art drivers.
NVIDIA PhysX™ Technology3
GeForce GPU support for NVIDIA PhysX technology, enabling a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology4
CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU’s processor cores to accelerate the most demanding system tasks - such as video transcoding - delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
PCI Express 2.0 Support
Designed for the new PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offering the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support.
Hybrid SLI® technology
Based on NVIDIA’s industry-leading SLI technology, delivers multi-GPU (graphics processing unit) benefits when an NVIDIA® motherboard GPU is combined with an NVIDIA discrete GPU. Hybrid SLI increases graphics performance with GeForce® Boost and provides intelligent power management with HybridPower™.
1 Feature requires supported video software. Features may vary by product.
2 NVIDIA SLI-certified versions of GeForce PCI Express GPUs only. A
GeForce GTS 250 must be paired with another GeForce GTS 250, regardless
of graphics card manufacturer.
3 NVIDIA PhysX drivers are required to experience in-game GPU PhysX
acceleration. Refer to www.nvidia.com/PhysX for more information.
4 Requires application support for CUDA technology.
Note: The below specifications represent this GPU as incorporated into NVIDIA's reference graphics card design. Graphics card specifications may vary by Add-in-card manufacturer. Please refer to the Add-in-card manufacturers' website for actual shipping specifications.
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU GeForce GTS 250
450W PCI Express-compliant system power supply with a combined
12V current rating of
24A or more*
*Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with
an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 processor
Interface PCI Express 2.0 x16
GPU Engine Specs:
CUDA Cores 128
Graphics Clock (MHz) 738 MHz
Processor Clock (MHz) 1836 MHz
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 47.2
Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105 C
Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 150 W
Minimum Recommended System Power (W) 450 W
Supplementary Power Connectors 6-pin
- The number of processor cores may vary by model.
- Feature requires supported video software. Features may vary by product.
- Playback of HDCP-protected content requires other HDCP-compatible components.
- Certain GeForce GPUs ship with hardware support for NVIDIA PhysX technology. NVIDIA PhysX drivers are required to experience in-game GPU PhysX acceleration. Refer to www.nvidia.com/PhysX for more information.
- NVIDIA SLI certified versions of GeForce PCI Express GPUs only. A GeForce GPU must be paired with an identical GPU, regardless of graphics card manufacturer. SLI requires sufficient system cooling and a compatible power supply. Visit www.slizone.com for more information and a listing of SLI-Certified components.
- Requires external DisplayPort transmitter. 10-bit per component scanout requires future GeForce driver support.
- Memory interface width may vary by model.
- Requires NVIDIA HybridPower™- enabled motherboard.